Sit-In Touring and Expedition Kayaks
Point 65 Sweden Mercury GTX
Performance sit-in touring modular kayak, proven in the roughest conditions of Alaska!
AS EASY AS 1, 2, 3 - The Point 65 Mercury GTX 14/18 is a high performance, stable, decked modular touring kayak with a large cockpit with which to explore the world, then take back home in the trunk of your car.
PERFORMANCE KAYAKING - A fast, fun, comfortably stable and straight tracking kayak that snaps apart and re-assembles in only a few seconds making it by far the easiest to carry touring kayak. The rotomolded polyethene construction provides a combination of strength and impact resistance that most other materials can’t match. Tons of storage and an efficient ingenious keel rudder skeg featuring the innovative Symmetry skeg system, which allows you to drop the skeg/rudder with tremendously improved maneuverability, make this a must-have expedition kayak.
Solo length 13'7"
Weight per section 24 lbs
Nose cone fits inside cockpit for easy transport and storage
Capacity solo, front and back sections paired: 286 lbs / 130 kg
Capacity tandem, front, back and mid sections paired: 530 lbs / 240 kg
Aft (back) hatch: 17’’ x 10’’ / 44 x 26 cm
Front Hatch 9,5”x9,5" / 24x24cm
Cockpit 33”x18" / 83x46cm
- Swedish design & engineering
- Modular sit-in touring kayak with large, easy entry/exit cockpit.
- Splits apart for easy storage, carrying and transport
- Sections come together and split apart in less than 10 seconds
- Fits in most vehicles
- Snap-Tap modular connection system keeps all sections securely latched together
- Solo configuration; Front section paired with back section = solo kayak.
- Tandem configuration; Front section paired with back and mid section = tandem kayak
- Multi person kayak; keep adding mid sections to create a multi person kayak
- Each section floats independantly
- AIR seat, with a pneumatically adjustable backrest
- Super-efficient keel rudder controlled by foot pedals with built in retractable Skeg
- Adjustable rudder pedals accommodate paddlers of all sizes
- Powder dry storage hatches front and aft
- Optional cockpit covers / spray skirts available
- Built-in carry handles
- Cup holders
- Made of strong, impact- & UV-resistant, maintenance-free and recyclable Polyethylene